CULTURE FROM-FOR ALL
Ensure progress in cultural life in the local communities of Republic of Macedonia and Republic of Kosovo
Project is based on the presumption that culture is not just some kind of an extra option to the municipalities in the Republic of Macedonia and Republic of Kosovo, but it is its essential component for social cohesion, an improvement to the life quality of its citizens regardless of their ethnical, religious, educational, social, gender background, as well as to its economic development.
If culture is about identities, lifestyles, conduct, ethics, governance and the ways in which we go about our daily lives, this should not be too difficult to countenance. If we agree to have policies about culture or link culture to development objectives then we are also consenting, explicitly or implicitly, to logic of planning. Planning, that is to say, is not just about 'hard infrastructure' but also about soft and creative infrastructure: people and their needs and visions.
Building strong partnerships between civil society organizations and local governmental institutions, as well as building up cultural and artistic network with a focus on promotion of arts and culture, we hope to ensure systematic interaction and mutual confidence, joint and coordinated activities at all levels.
Project aims to:
- Increase and encourage the citizens' participation in policy making and decision-making activities on local level;
- Identify and develop an efficient system of mechanisms in the area of culture that would lead to a systematic cultural development of the municipalities that are chosen
- Improve the influence of artists over policy creation process at local and national level in both of the countries and to make them to have a critical approach toward society processes;
- Improve the regional cooperation among the municipalities in countries involved in the project;
And will target:
- Representatives from the Local Government-Municipalities
- Representatives from the Central Government;
- Representatives from the public Cultural Institutions;
- Representatives from the NGOs;
- Organization and realization of Preparation meetings with all involved municipalities and artists' groups;
- Organization and realization of training meetings for cultural policy issue during 3 years; Organization and realization of creative workshops and artistic products during 3 years
- Organization and realization of research activities in all participating municipalities
- Organization and realization of comparative analysis of the policies and researches;
- Creating and writing the participatory cultural policies and strategies for cultural development;
Organization and realization of promotion of the Participatory cultural policy at local level;
- Three International Conferences
- Development of a web platform as a tool for promotion of the policies and activities in the local community.
- Evaluation and monitoring of the project are an integrated part of the methodology used.
This project will be implemented under the partnership agreement of NGO "ODA" (www.teatrioda.com) from Prishtina, Kosovo and NGO "PAC Multimedia" (www.multimedia.org.mk) from Skopje, Macedonia.